Reviews

Tuesday

January 6th 2015


bursting bubbles


So I love water, I'm quite happy to dive into the canal (even in winter), swim in the river or paddle in a puddle but somehow, the B word fills me with dread.

Maybe it's the bubbles?
Maybe it's the slippery surface?

I tolerate it, resistance is futile so they say, I am helpful in that I raise my paw (one at a time) so they can wash them although I'm less willing to give up my rear ones in case I go arse over tit or tit over arse and even as a male dog, I have lots of tits to go over!


 I remain in flight mode and prefer to stand with  my front paws on the side of the bath so that I can leap out at the earliest indication that I'm not going to get shouted at for doing so!

And then it comes, that joyful moment of freedom and as any dog will be able to tell you - we do the wet happy dance which involves racing around the house at speed, only stopping to wipe our still wet fur on any soft, dry surface (carpets/beds/sofas) and no amount of pre-drying with a towel will stop us!


1 comment:

  1. Ah. The dreaded bath. Perhaps your hoomans should put a cup of river mud in there along with your ball. Maybe you would never wish to get out! How we love to rub our wet, partially dried selves on the furniture and bed. You have our sympathy over your bath. Rumor around our house is that all 7 of us will be headed for that awful tub this week. Mom loves this pic.
    KJWE

    ReplyDelete