Reviews

Saturday

June 28th 2014


Drifting downstream


We went geocaching again today, a shorter route, along a wooded track. At one point, we walked through a field of sheep, another lady was in front and was busy talking on her phone but had time to turn and tell my hooman to let me off my lead.

Now my hooman would NEVER trust me off a lead with any livestock, they have tried to get me used to the guinea pigs but to no avail. All I'll say is I'm a terrier, bred to hunt, it is in my makeup (no not lipstick, blusher and stuff.) You know? In my genes (no not those type of jeans either)
What I'm trying to say is that although I might look as though I am ignoring the sheep (which I do quite nicely, thank you very much!) if they were to run, then my instincts might just kick in.

So there was no taking any chances! The lady said she could train me in half an hour to ignore the sheep. And we admire her dog because HE did ignore the sheep.
 We just wonder HOW she would have done it?
There is apparently an old farmer's trick of putting a dog in a small pen with a ram ...

Anyywayys

My picture shows me standing next to the river, it was very fast flowing here so my hooman refused to let me go in after my own tennis ball in case we lost it down stream but we did rescue a ball from one of the caches.
This was the ball we used here and yes, it did get swept downstream and no ... I wasn't allowed to go after it!!!

I also managed to get stuck behind some MORE sheep wire


Spotted these peacock caterpillars feeding on nettles - apparently they feed like this so it confuses potential predators but who would want to eat anything that's black and wiggly?


Came across this old (and sadly dry) drinking trough which would have operated by the cow nudging the lever allowing the water to fill the bowl.


And my hooman thought that this old tree trunk looked like an afghan hound?


Albeit with an extra long tail?
Do YOU see it??

Nah ... neither do I BOL

No comments:

Post a Comment