Reviews

Wednesday

August 7th 2013

 
Bog off
 
 
So we went to the basin today; the walk we were supposed to do last week.
 
You are able to walk around the basin and if you are brave,
you can scramble down the steep sides to explore the middle.
 
I had to follow my hooman down the bank, through the overgrown vegetation that towered over both of our heads, to search for the orchids that grow there.
 
 
 
Sadly we were too late and they'd finished flowering
(last time we'd been too early BOL)
 
So we made our way through the boggy interior, like explorers, fighting our way through the dense scrub and woodland before reaching the clearer ground at the other side.
 
It might be clearer, with the moss growing thick (see my paws have sunk deep into it on my POTD)
but the ground is soft and often soaking wet beneath. No problem for me to negotiate although my hooman did kick up a stink when their footwear filled with water BOL
 
My POTD shows me standing in the moss, with water mint Mentha aquatic on either side of me.
 


This is a close up of it's delicate lilac flowers. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment